Monday, January 5, 2015

Pausing the Blog and the 2015 Word.

Hard to believe that it has been months since updating this blog that I started in 2006.  Thank you, loyal readers, for asking if it was ever to come back and giving me a bit of a nudge in that direction.
Since the hiatus in August, there's been a mixture of joy and sorrow in life: birthday celebrations of two Grands, a trip of a lifetime with my sister, a loved one facing cancer, another one facing an intense challenge in his life, a meeting with my brother whom I hadn't seen for a long time, happy family announcements, the embarking of a Bucket List dream, and the death of my beloved Father-in-law, Elder, which put a whole different spin on the holidays. Mildly stated, I've been a bit on the drained side lately.

But life goes on and forward!  Due to the Facebook phenomena, it has been a nudge from my Roxbury High School classmates that is propelling me to go back to blogging...a New Year's greeting went out (thanks, Pam S.) about all of us turning the big 6 - 0 this year.  Classmates are embracing this in all kinds of ways: moving to a new place, retiring, posting beach pictures, getting senior discounts, joking about old "farthood," not taking any of the number seriously, and so on.
Thanks, guys, you have brought on the RESOLUTION WORDS of 2015.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear friend. I want so much to celebrate 6-0 with you.

    ReplyDelete