Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sister Ornaments



Before we get too far away from the past Christmas season, I wanted you to get a look at 
the Sister ornaments for 2014...they make me smile. Every year my sister and I make an ornament for each other and this tradition goes decades back.  We added a bit of a twist recently - we get the same base and "foof" it up.  When we were in Myrtle Beach, we bought little white starfish together.  They are about 3.5 inches in height and width. Then for the new few months we thought and planned out our projects.

And, yes, we exchanged our gifts for Christmas in theme once again! For Diann I chose Gifts From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. With books, lantern and candle nestled in sand, and calming quotations that I hope will bring memories of our peaceful time by the ocean as she has her own private, personal challenges.  From her, my gifts all related to DoobeeDo - the name of my embarking project. Little bees were part of many presents: on knee socks, salt and pepper shakers, Burt's Bees products (love those!), a mug with tea bags,etc.  We each thoroughly enjoyed being the givers and receivers!


However, the poignant part was opening our ornament packages.  It was so obvious which sister made which ornament...one was graceful, elegant and quietly refined. The other was out-of-the-box,
whimsical and colorful. Care to guess who made each one?



No comments:

Post a Comment