Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Little (but Big) Trip!






Who knew that Peoria, Illinois could be just a fabulous destination?  All I knew was that my sister had special plans for me there as we had an early celebration for my big six-oh. We headed out on a gray, snowy day last week. This was the hotel we stayed in and it was a gem!






                                      Seriously, a gem! 

 Once we settled in, I was drawn into my comfy bed.  While there, I was showered
with themed gifts of KEEP CALM YOU'RE ONLY SIXTY. Do you know how much fun it is to be in bed with a box of gifts, a glittering crown and a pink feather boa?
 Take my word: it's fun!




Keeping the crown on, but removing the boa for the sake of modesty (ha!) we headed out to the nearby Civic Center for a DANCING WITH THE STARS touring performance.  The MC was Alfonso. as in Carlton from Fresh Prince and the past season winner.  Mark, Val, Sasha and Keo were the guys in the lineup and Witney, Emma, and Kym the girls. (Missed you, Derek!). There were other talented backup dancers as well.






It was quite a show!! Sadly, the sparkle from my crown in the top balcony didn't catch the eyes of the performers and I received no invitation to join them on the stage.
Nor did we see them out and about in the lobby.  But I did manage to get in step with the dancers in my own way:




It isn't easy to face a new decade with this number that ends in zero.
But when I reflect back on the past decade with its challenges of becoming empty nesters, its joys of seeing our kids marry and become parents themselves, handling the deaths of three of our parents
and being able to travel to Turkey, Hawaii and Peoria, Illinois, it is certain to keep me on my toes!

Dare I say, "Bring it on! We've got some dancing to do!"









No comments:

Post a Comment