Friday, June 27, 2014

Dance with a Crowd (*QSBL)

Dancing with the Rholls at the Fritz/Johnson wedding.

Part of summertime fun is being invited to weddings and dancing with crowds...I
love this! I really, really love this!  But due to no forth-coming wedding invitations this summer (one in September and one in October, though), I knew I needed to get to dance with a crowd and added that to the *Quirky Summer Bucket List.  A side note: dancing with a crowd doesn't mean an impromptu session with just the smallest family members...I'm talking big crowd here!
 
To go about this, I/we spent some money (think of it as a wedding gift) and got tickets to a show that would have to have some dancing potential: MOTOWN The Musical.  Through the various numbers, you can bet I was doing some serious seat bopping and grooving, but never up on my feet.
 
The pictures below will give you some idea of the acts we saw and 60 songs we all know and love were performed such as
Dancing in the Street
  Brick House
I Heard it Through the Grapevine
My Girl
Please, Mr. Postman
Stop in the Name of Love
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
My Mama Told Me
 
 
(Pictures courtesy of Google images)



It was just so much fun, but I was itchin' to stand up and dance!
Finally the chance came during the reprise when the Stevie Wonder piece was played over and over again:
 
I wish those days could come back once more
Why did those days ev-er have to go
I wish those days could come back once more
Why did those days ev-er have to go
Cause I love them so


The Oriental Theatre interior where pictures were allowed.


And then the dancing was done. 
Check off another goal on the QSBL!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like the most fun ever!!!
    But you're right - who could sit still?

    ReplyDelete