Monday, June 30, 2014

Backyard Fun (*QSBL)

A Dollar Tree grass skirt hangs in the doorway out to the deck.

I confess that we don't use our backyard nearly enough.
This summer is going to be different and on the *Quirky Summer Bucket List,
I wanted to kick off summer by planning a Hawaiian party for the family.  Easy menu: ordering out for Hawaiian pizza and dessert was sprinkling macadamia nuts over ice cream! Easy peasy!

I
Dollar Tree paper cutouts hang fom the umbrella .spokes.

Because I had been to a fabric warehouse in Hawaii, I made outfits for the three Grands to wear at the party. (Going to this warehouse was a trip highlight and Carol told me as we entered, "I hate fabric stores," so I knew I had to be quick in 'n out - otherwise I'd have done some serious damage to the credit card.)
E in pink (of course), M in orange and K in a surfboard print.

We played several games, but one of the favorites was the beach towel relay.  M kept running off with the hat, lei and hair flower. 
Run, Little One!

John and his Dad are neck to neck in this heat.

This is perhaps my fave picture below.  Poor Jed with what I put him through on a regular basis!

He's such a good sport.  Wth a plan to go somewhere to recover after this?

Putting the backyard into action this summer makes the upkeep a little less painful...not that ours is by any means a "showplace" backyard like I would like to have if only gardeners were on the payroll.  At least it was used this summer other than mowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment