Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Cake Pops


Rebel that I am, I snuck cake pops into the Shedd Aquarium recently. Slippery slope, I know.
They might not look like much, but they were very tasty. I simply took delicious leftover cake from Maggiano's and mixed the frosted cake in a bowl, rolled the blended mix into balls and froze them.
Next, almond bark was melted and the cake balls were rolled in this.  Done.  Popsicle sticks were packed on top and applied at the time of serving.



Nice thing about those sticks is that they are easily "morphed" into birthday candles!



We had such a fun time celebrating the anniversary of my 30th birthday! The Shedd is a great place to go with kids of all ages. Don't miss the show at the Oceanarium!


Or the sting rays, sharks, turtle or colorful fish in the circular Carribean Reef.


Or the jellyfish.

Or touching living sturgeon in the pool.




And don't forget the cake pops!!











No comments:

Post a Comment