Friday, January 29, 2016

The 2016 Birthday Theme


Take a closer look at these hats and you'll get my birthday theme as inspired by these ladies we encountered (below) while in Branson last fall: the Johnson Sisters. Attired in their matching pink t shirts, I approached them for their story. They were adorable. Diann had her "lightbulb moment" that 
she'd cash in on the idea for our band of two (with an honoree member in Minnesota) vicariously.

                                                   Presenting the Johnson Five!


We needed a look, so she worked on the design of hats and t shirts. Next time we are out and about you may see us in these shirts.  I'm guessing we won't be in the Chicago area, though. We are either going to amuse or frighten those we come in contact with. Consider this fair warning.

     We cheated with the look this time by placing shirts over our bodacious bods already attired.

  This is how my gift box looked at time of presentation. Check out the cute ornament.


In the box of gifts were so many fun treasures to remind me of our Nelson Sisters
adventures, especially within the last year. And my sis and her creativity came through 
with each gift and clue.

The clue for the one below was "As sisters, we share...readiness for adventures."
The gift:  a bumper sticker. Yes, I got a bumper sticker! (It's my mantra for when she asks 
me if I'm up for a road trip.)


Each clue was hidden inside a dotted and decorated envelope sleeve.


I now am the owner of a flashy pink memory foam headrest.



I discovered it's also very useful as ear muffs and sound buffers!

Diann also created a special photo book of our past year highlights as the NS duo with trips to the live 
DWTS show in Peoria, birthday celebrations, road trips to Hilton Head, Branson, and Galena, seeing Santa and eating at the Walnut Room and celebrating an early Christmas together.


No celebration is complete without a shared meal and activity.  We ate crepes and went to the movie
The Lady in the Van (Get it?  Road trips??) and so enjoyed another memory made. 

What a gift, this thing called Sisterhood.















No comments:

Post a Comment