Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Nelson Sisters Gift Exchange (Part Two)

Now that Part One described what was given to me by way of the FELTED WOOL theme, it's time for the "reveal" of my theme for her!. See that package above?  Now take a look at the lower right corner...
these are tiny charms that I attached to the key ring we bought on one of our trips.
Yep. A key ring was my inspiration!  Funny how inspiration starts, huh?  That's how KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL SISTERHOOD came about. Each gift would feature a memory or shared experience that worked to build our bond.  For example, one of the charms was a columbine flower - the state flower of Colorado. That's where we grew up.  The gift? Had to relate to Denver!!
It was a CD of the best hits. Oh, I should have mentioned that each gift had a key attached to the package ribbon. (Great way to get rid of spare keys!!!)
The charm for this gift below was a tiny ship wheel - a helm. This photo of us was the gift. Here we posed before boarding the showboat in Branson, MO.
Of course I had to get a little cheeky with the gifts. There's more cheeky in me than in my sister, so I must have hogged the family cheeky genes.
Two Planter's Peanuts spreaders as gifts to go with this note:
Because of all her support in my recent felted wool venture, a hat charm was added to the key ring with a special hat gift for her winter warmth...isn't she cute in it?
Yes, there were also charms/gifts representing our shared love of PROJECT RUNWAY and DANCING WITH THE STARS. You can spot them here.
Derek Hough? Uh, yes...we may be old(er) but we can still be smitten.  You might also notice a movie pack of Hallmark movies in the stash.

There you have it. This is how the Nelson Sisters do it. But it isn't the gifts that matter - it's the love, history and duration of our relationship that is the true gift. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment