Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Nelson Sisters Gift Exchange (Part One)



I admit it: we are a couple of sentimental goofballs when it comes to giving gifts to each other!
For Christmas and our birthdays we go all out with themed gifts, tags for packages and wrappings that
are coordinated and plentiful. The gifts range from silly and nutty to books with topics we are interested in, wearables, edibles, framed photographs, and music CDs that have special connections. 

We exchanged these gifts yesterday. As always, it was a highlight of our sisterhood. And a way of making up for the time she pushed me out of the bed and broke my collarbone and me breaking her treasured watch while she was out of our shared bedroom.  (Years and years and years ago when we lived under the same roof as girls, of course.)

Because many ask about these exchanges, it's time to blog.  Part one is her theme for me, and part two is my theme for her.

Here's how my gifts were wrapped- blue, white and silver with glittery ribbons that left a trail of glitter to sparkle us up for the rest of this year and into the next year!!  
Inside this white pocket were the above letters (all scrambled up because she knows I like word puzzles) that told me what my 2015 theme was going to be - FELTED WOOL - due to my preoccupation with it this past year. Not only that, but all gifts had these letters (e, d, f, l, o, t and w)
in them!  She's outdone herself, yes?

Like E-L-F and this adorable gift:
And O-W-L for this fun coin purse:
And F-E-E-T for this gift for my feet...a very comfy pair of slippers!
With W-O-O-D for this inspirational saying on a wooden square.

Quite a lot of tedious cutting went into these little letters; she assured me that the time spent cutting them out sped by while watching Hallmark movies. Happy-ending Hallmark movies I might add.

Don't you just love this theme? It sure tickles my fancy!

The icing on top of exchanging these gifts of love is getting a yearly ornament for our "Sister" collection begun in the late 1970s.
That's a lot of ornaments!  This is the one she made for me this year featuring a part of a key ring we chose together on one of our trips this year. Diann used a key to attach the stitched heart with some other treasures from our travels together.
And even this was a word (w-o-o-l) that needed unscrambling. Do you see the key hiding?


Here you have the entire collection! Unwrapped! I love it!  And my Sis nailed it again this year.

Part two will feature my theme for her. 





















2 comments:

  1. This is for Diann; I think I have watched every Hallmark Christmas movie this year. They have kept me in the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, PATRICIA! I think there are a lot of watchers out there. Happy endings, snow at the end, and all story lines sewn up just right. If only real life could work like this.

    ReplyDelete