Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shopping with HRH: a Tutorial



When Lady Deb and Lady Marti informed me it was time to go to the Mall to shop for the Royal Grandson, I became a bit flummoxed. However, when it was noted that the Mall had a "family" shop I found myself slightly amused.

The perambulator ride was anything but amusing.




 Now let's get shopping.
 
Some might say my Great Grandson has been born with a silver spoon in his mouth...I'd say it's more like the Royal Treasury. 


Come along, now; we've a rucksack to fill with clothes for HRH Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge. I abhor some of the designs on these rucksacks currently.
This is the closest I could come to my beloved corgis.

rucksack (backpack)


In your country, lads and men certainly do not think they wear jumpers - but they do.

jumper (sweater and other tops)
woolly (sweater)
jersey (see above)


No need for a mac or gumboots this summer - it is a scorcher! Perhaps you will be outfitted in these trainers instead. 

mac (raincoat)
gumboots/wellies (rubber boots)
trainers  (sneakers)


A lady can get her knickers in a knot, but a lad never can because his are called pants. Why do Americans insist upon calling trousers pants? They are very different, indeed.
 Forgive my lapse in judgement in close inspection of these Star Wars pants. Very Unqueenly of me and I won't let the Force be so forceful next time. 


Oh, bother. Here is a polo shirt - your Daddy was a lucky bloke when you were born late so he didn't have to miss his match. But, Ralph L. got it wrong, wrong, wrong. A true polo shirt is a turtleneck here in Britain, or so I'm informed. I never wear either. 


Really, it is quite elementary. These jim jams are adorned with braces and poppers.

jim jams (pajamas)
braces (suspenders)
poppers  (snaps)



Perhaps when you come to visit me you will be served some of these foods.  (I will not be amused by poor behavior and shoddy manners.)

        banger (sausage)
bath oliver (dry biscuit eaten with cheese)
biscuits (cracker or cookie)
bubbles and squeak (cooked cabbage and potatoes combined then fried)
chips (french fries)
Kedegeree (dish of fish, rice and eggs served for breakfast)


 Do put on one of these to protect your jumper and trousers.
Next time, wear a waistcoat, won't you?  When you visit me, I prefer more formal attire,  

Now, I'm off on Holiday. Regards.

Congratulations to Will and Kate on the birth of their son George!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment