Saturday, July 20, 2013

In Which I POSE a Question

There are so many questions
 one can ponder and wonder about: 

What is the purpose of life?
Why are we here?
Why is the sky blue?
What is wrong with a diet of sweets?



I am currently wondering/pondering this phenomena:

What is going on with all these hand-on-hip poses?


      Do you know what I am talking about?  Just look on Facebook and you will see this pose over and over again!  Not wishing to offend anyone, of course, but I see this pose on
young women graduating from high school, lined up with friends with both ends of the line posing with hands on hips as if acting as matched bookends.  I see an attractive couple posing in their dress-up clothes (weddings and "Occasions") and she has her hand-on-hip posed to perfection.

Does this mean something and I have not gotten the memo?
Is it to look thinner?  Is it to look more appealing?
Is it something learned in ballet class that I missed because I never took ballet?
 

Here is a ballet chart -  one hand on hip pose is apparently not one of the basic five positions.

Then I remembered this Red Carpet moment:

Does Angelina J. have anything to do with the current popularity of this hand-on-hip pose?

If you are so inclined, please tell me what this pose is all about...it appears to have nothing to do with 
the Hokey Pokey moves I am more familiar with.  

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment