Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring-i-fied (with odd birds)


Even with a bit of snow on the ground, there's a tease of spring in the air.
My March calendar served as the inspiration for freshening up the decor in
our household to reflect this much-welcomed season.



The front door wreath was replaced first.






Though the wreath is a bit on the autumnal side, I added the flowers and bird's
nest from my stash ---I knew the packages of nests with birds and eggs would
 come in  handy when I scored a bunch of them this past summer at a thrift store in Iron River.  
(Though I have never ever seen birds with 
feathers like these in real life- maybe my ornithologist brother can help with the ID.)








Then it was time to get all set with a nest-in-a-cloche. Not having a cloche (transparent cover to put over young plants to protect them from the cold), I had to get creative. I set an overturned vase on a short pedestal plate and added an upside down glass candle holder on the top (really the bottom) of the vase. The bird in this nest has odd pinky peach feathers of unknown origin.





The three-tired cake plate stand in the dining room was adorned with the weirdest bird of all.
Buttery yellow feathers with no hint of wings or tail; most assuredly protecting her eggs.







 Finally a vintage bird cage got its inhabitant. 
 Finally I think the bird can be identified as a robin.


The hope of Spring coming is important to me. I yearn to see the first robin, hear the warblings of returning birds and watch as nests are being made in trees. Until that time, I'm settling on these odd birds in my house!

















No comments:

Post a Comment