Wednesday, March 18, 2015

In Which the Real Deal is Better than the Book

Don't  get me wrong...I love this book by P.L. Hanson!  I received it as a gift; I have given it as a gift.
But in the case of life with my Grands, there's nothing like the real thing, baby!  And this is what my real thing looks like:





It is black just like the purse in the book, but there is simply magic in its contents. The most remarkable accessories have entertained my little sweeties far better than any toy to date. K Man sees me and immediately says, "MeMo...purse!"  Miss M asks for the purse immediately when we see each other, too.  Miss E, still likes it, but asks first for my iPhone to play games.





These two pouches are their favorites.





The leopard-printed pouch has band aids, glasses wiping cloth, swabs and lots of pieces.






The red pouch has ear plugs, flashlight, lip balms, lotion, nail files and sometimes a comb.
Rituals used with this pouch include turning on the flashlight, pointing it into mouth and saying, "Ahhh!"
A smidge of lip balm goes on lips, a drop of lotion goes on hands. Ear plugs are in and out of container and counted. I hold out my hand for a brisk nail neatening.

No matter if we are at home, in a restaurant, at church or out shopping,
 my purse contents are in high demand!







Who knew a purse could be so much fun even if it didn't have anything to do with candy??
My kids had a grandma that always had a sweet treat inside her purse to give.
My grandma had a mirrored powder compact that I loved.

What do you remember about your grandma's purse?
















No comments:

Post a Comment