Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sewing Room Guests


My happy place is in my sewing room.  It can be the home of a mess and I don't much care --- fabric scraps thrown on the floor, lengths of thread not quite making it to the waste basket, pattern tissues
here and there.  It's all good!
 
But what is even better? 
 When I am joined by someone needing help in putting together a sewing project for
their loved ones and they come for a visit to my sewing room.
Recently, Carol came to have quilting lessons as she wanted to make a quilt for her grandson, Bjorn, who was about to turn one. 
 
 
Kudos to Carol for learning how to use a rotary cutter!  The quilt top was put together in just one day due to Carol's whirring and stitching determination. 
 Once the quilt was put together, she hand quilted it instead of the original plan of tying it with yarn. I am so proud of her and I know that Bjorn is going to love having this quilt made by his Gramma.
 
 
 
 
 
 The next guests came to my sewing room just yesterday.  The youngest guest wasn't much interested in sewing, but her mom was.  Her Mom is my daughter and she had making Christmas stockings for her family in mind.
 
 
To make these stockings, a woven blanket was repurposed.  It was a score because of all the different
pictures and scenes on the blanket such as snowmen, stars, people, buildings and trees.
   
Not long after the stockings were completed --- all seven of them, extras in case you are a visitor at their home on Christmas Eve --- another guest came to visit the sewing room:  the fairy Godmother of the Mom to meet the newest family member, Miss M.
 
 
 
I just love having visitors stop by my happy place....c'mon over!  (And please close your eyes to the threads and snippets on the floor!)

2 comments: