Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Annual Family Halloween Bash



With 11 in our family now, I really can call it a bash! This year, though, it was a bash with a twist in that a few of the family members didn't know beforehand that this was the party.  They just thought it was a family dinner at the City Nest. No one came in costumes.


Upon arrival, there was a little craft table set up for the kiddos.



Dinner would soon be served.  (Costco to the rescue with a delicious chicken pot pie, apple slices to swirl in a creamy caramel apple dip and a chocolate cake purchased at a church bake sale.)



Meanwhile, hiding in the shower stall was my secret: a costume for me and grocery bags stocked with costumes for everybody!


A black dress with a with hat and striped socks is easy to throw on!

I slipped into the bathroom, donned my costume and came out with the bags.  Cackling. I may or may not of scared my Grands with this raucous cackling.


Glad I saved that pumpkin necklace from teaching days!

I took the three oldest into another room to change into their costumes: KMan into a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (his Dad had his own costume years ago that wore out), Miss M into a Little Witch and Miss E into a Red Fairy.




Laughter and movement could be detected coming from outside our dressing room - the adults had opened their bags of costumes as well as the ones for the two babies. CarMan was an adorable referee and Miss H was a Forest Nymph.




Their parents consisted of a skeleton man,
Pippi, an orange-haired ice cream vendor and a French maid.
Oh, they are the Good Sports, aren't they?






We played Halloween bingo after dinner.  Candy treats for every "Bingo" kept them all interested until the cards were filled!
Then there was story time for the kids. There was chaos.
My witch hat collapsed in the process.
 

We sure had a lot of fun!
It's such a treat to be with our family!








No comments:

Post a Comment