Thursday, April 2, 2015

Celebrating Still (Part. One)




It's time once again to celebrate a Nelson Sister birthday;
 this time it's her turn!  


Mulling over what was to be the theme of  her celebration fell into place when I picked up a couple of  books with still in the title: Still Alice by Lisa Genova and Still by Lauren F. 
Winner. It just seemed like a peaceful, nice theme.  I also thought of many songs with still in the title like "In the Still of the night," "I'm Still Standing,"  "You're Still the One," to name a few. In a conversation in January that we had (after I planned the theme), she rather weirded me out by telling me her personal word for 2015 was Still.  Right about now the Twilight Zone music starts to play in my head!

Oh, well.  I can live with the theme being no big surprise this year.  Instead I will just make the gift tags a surprise by having her unscramble letters on the tag for a clue as to what might be in the attached package.





The t on the front of the tag tells what the word clue starts with.





On the flip side, she'll have to decipher "emit" unscrambled to "time."  and inside that package are tablets of paper for taking time to be still and to write down thoughts, lists, dreams, etc.

Some of the gifts are silly, too. Like the one for "Still Crazy after all These Years."



Or this one with memories of  Mitch Miller on the turntable of our childhood home stereo! (Thank you, Goodwill, for this vintage gem!)





And, how could one present a still theme without a still life painting?





Once the gifts were all unwrapped (in green and blue to represent grass and sky)
 it was time to head out for Part Two of our celebrating!  To be continued....






No comments:

Post a Comment