Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Send-Off


Yesterday I was employed; today I am not.
But, oh-my-goodness-gracious,
What a send-off!
  It started off with surprise visitors: my Sis, John, Kari, Kaden, Anne, Maja and Ellie coming to my final Storytime session.  (Wes was the only one who I knew to be coming from my family.)
Meanwhile, busy staffers were doing this and that behind the scenes.

More surprises: Vicki and Janis showed up!  Dearies, both!!

9:30 and Storytime is about to start.
I hope and pray I can hold it all together.
But seeing all those little faces, eager and ready for stories, dancing and fun is a lovely reality check.
All systems go.

Singing the final Good-bye song is tough.  
It's the same farewell song that has been sung since 1981.
I like it because it's tradition and a child's first intro to winking ;)

Following this, there's the sweetest community reception with snacks and a craft.

Thanks, Jan, and others for pulling this together with such style and mindfulness as to 
what youngsters would like to have as a snack! YOU NAILED IT!!!

Thanks, kids, parents, friends and family for making this time so much fun --- I loved your smiles, hugs, cards, flowers and bakery treats!!!!
 Next it is time to celebrate with fellow staffers.  Kind speeches and that kind of thing. 
Thank you!


Great potluck appetizers, foods and desserts with the cutest cake EVER...check out the words.

Then it was time to check out what was inside those lovely cards and packages!


OOOOeeeeee!
Thanks, so much, everybody for making this send-off so special and memorable!
 
You really made a very bittersweet occassion one of the best memories of my professional life and I thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart.  <3, Deb

P.S. I miss you already!
 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Deb! I'm glad it was such a lovely celebration. An extra-special send-off is well deserved. I wish I could have been there to say farewell. Please keep writing your blog, I would miss your updates if they stopped. I'll miss you very much. -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the FB entry, I thought...and she lived happily ever after. And so it was... even on your cake! Congratulations! Are you "divesting" your "estate in the country" ...er, Libertyville?

    ReplyDelete