Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolution Word 2014

Each year, instead of making a list of New Year's resolutions, I choose one word as an inspiration.
It's a word to encourage growth in this human journey.
Past inspiration words include savor, turnover, mindful, zip and trim.

This year a word came to me quite easily!
At a recent family gathering, I mentioned that I had found the word and it started with the letter "e."
My sister, her husband, my husband and a niece started guessing and these are some of their guesses:

*energetic
*enthusiastic
*eager
*elephant (??)
*eggs (???)

This group needed obvious help!  So I then told them the word ended in a "k."  

We all had a good laugh when one came up with the word "electric-shock."  And another (the mis-speller of the group) came up with "electrolux."  With a few prompts as to what some of my plans were, the word was actually deciphered and it is

This may seem like an odd word to you. But not to me.  You see, this is going to be a big year in terms of my career.  I have been at the library for 23 years (8 years first round and 15 second round), and a teacher for stints totaling 15 years and I am about to retire!  I am embarking on the journey of chosen unemployment --- and it is both scary and exciting at the same time.  I hope to embark upon a new venture of doing what I love as an artist/crafter and hoping to join the etsy world.  This will allow me the freedom of time with those I love as well as travel opportunities and exploration of things I have dreamed of in the past years.  As in any journey, there are sure to be bumps and detours along the way.  Embarking on a new venture is certain to be a challenge, but I think I am ready!

Are you embarking on a journey this year, too?  Bon Voyage!

And, Happy New Year!!




4 comments:

  1. If anyone can do chosen unemployment well, it is you! I can't wait to see what you make out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A late New Year wish, but Happy New Year all the same. And random words seem to be a way of creating new year resolutions! Interesting =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embark, embarker! You're ever an inspiration for me and the words you pick embody you well and I hope I can too!!!

    ReplyDelete