Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Walk-about with the Queen

"Well, hello! Thank you for accompanying me on a walk-about in Illinois.  I am far away from my country, but so nice of you
to entertain me with blooming trees and flowering plants.  I heard you had snow just days ago." 


April is a special month for the Royal Family. 
The Queen celebrates her birthday on the 21st and
Will and Kate celebrate their two years of wedded bliss on April 29th.
And my friend, Marti, and I like to celebrate right along with them!
Due to drippy, cold weather, though, we postponed our walk-about with HRH until
yesterday.  Yesterday was perfectly perfect to "hike" with the Queen around the
lake in Independence Grove - a local park that was once a quarry and now
one of the locals gems fit for royalty.

Please join us as we hosted her HRH in Lake County. 
You are also invited to our bag-lunch picnic following our walk.

She rather enjoys being up close and personal to nature.

"Oh my.  Horses and dogs not allowed?  But I am the Queen!
We are NOT amused."

Good thing the Corgis are not with her today!!!!

Plumage of another sort - would these wild grasses work on a hat?

Prince Charles is awaiting his turn in the driver's seat - will HRH ever relinquish it to him?
Or will the seat be filled next by Prince William?

Remember how Bachelorette Catherine curled up inside the big vehicle wheel and got the guy (Sean)?
The Queen is very pleased that the other Kate got her "guy" Prince William!

"Perhaps my new grandchild will be a girl and they will name her after some sort of flower?"


Do note the English Rose printed on our table linens in honor of HRH herself - the ultimate English Rose!

                                         Long live the Queen!

And just in case you would like to review our last year's outing Tea and Garden Stroll with the Queen, you may find it at the link below:
http://thelindahls.blogspot.com/search/label/Royal%20Wedding

2 comments:

  1. Deb, this is the exact same Queen I have on my dashboard. Next time we're in the parking lot, come and peek! How did I miss this last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, do you take your Queen out on walks, too? We should have a get-together for them some Tues. Night!!!!

    ReplyDelete