Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Parkers" Hit the Streets! (Day 6 BA)



Day Six in Bueonos Aires is going to be busy with two site visits.
On one of our visits, this posted sign was like a welcome mat. In Spanish!
 
Imagine a table of goodies greeting you as you enter your first site.
 
 
When I looked over our trip itinerary, this site visit to Arcor Group rather excited me! Why? Because Arcor is a global confectionery company and I like anything sweet, especially if chocolate is involved.  Maybe there would be samples and yes, there were! This presentation I could understand as one not involved in the world of business practices and principles.
With a little more than an hour before our second site visit, we were let off the mini tour bus to explore the Centro area. Fortified by the candy from visit #1, we walked briskly through the city streets and shopping area. One can certainly note the influence of international architectural style which earned Buenos Aires the nickname as "The Paris of South America."
Our second site visit was to the Universidad del Salvatore.

Two economists (with opposing viewpoints) presented lectures on the state of affairs here in
Argentina.  Here I was waaay out of my league.  I fought the urge to take a much-needed
snooze and tried instead to concentrate on looking interested more than sleepy.  I made a mental list of places to go and thing to buy....which brings me to my favorite purchase of the day.


My shopping list for the trip was pretty small: gifts for the Grands, of course, as well as gifts for their parents. Today, I found something for me that I had on my wish list. A hand-woven shawl/poncho thing.
 
It is so, so soft.


I am so lucky to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment